Responsible for the architecture, design, and development of printer firmware and software applications using C/C++ programming languages. Interfaces with hardware, firmware, and software engineers, application developers, manufacturing personnel, field engineers, sales, and customers. Individual is required to work with a minimum of supervision towards a stated goal. Mentors other developers to raise the expertise of the team. Develops presentations, whitepapers, and training material to communicate functional usage, technologies, and processes. Participates in researching technologies to assist in developing hardware and firmware technology roadmaps.
- Participate in firmware and application development projects within and across my clientâ€™s development sites.
- Contribute to new product firmware development, maintain and support existing firmware.
- Write clear, concise and comprehensive unit and developer tests to ensure that the firmware satisfies all product requirements.
- Support creation of project schedules and report project status, activities and issues.
- Ensure firmware developed satisfies Zebra's quality standards, and is implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Work with customers, other engineers, Sales and Marketing to understand project/customer requirements and translate these into solutions.
- Work with Quality, Service and Manufacturing organizations to ensure that my clientâ€™s products are delivered and maintained to the highest standards possible.
- Act as a change agent in improving the teams technical acumen, development processes, and tools
- Able to travel as needed, typically up to 10%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
RTOS experience is MUST
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering required. Master's preferred.
- Experience 3-8 years experience in firmware development using C/C++
- Knowledge of firmware architectures and embedded real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networking technologies and securities including Ethernet, 802.11, and Bluetooth is a plus.
- Proficient in acting as an embedded firmware technical lead for embedded hardware and firmware products.
Contact us at 978.474.9920 x9795 or email email@example.com